Friday, June 21, 2013

Easter 2013

For Easter this year we went down to Circleville for the weekend to spend time with Ki's family. 

Parker was super cranky a lot of the time, which we found out when we got home was because he had an ear infection in both ears!  Poor baby.  Needless to say, he didn't sleep hardly at all the whole weekend and cried almost the whole 2.5 hr drive back.  It was fun that Ki's family got to see Parker and spend time with him though.  Most of his family hadn't seen him since Christmas, and now his siblings haven't seen Parker since Easter.  It is hard to live so far away!  We have fun whenever we can see them for holidays though :)

Ki's family's Easter tradition is to go up the canyon after church, have a picnic, and roll their Easter eggs down a hill several times until the eggs are completely destroyed with their cousins.  This inevitably usually turns into a war when the older boys start throwing eggs at people.  Luckily I have yet to be hit :)   This year I used my baby as a shield, and held him so nobody would throw any eggs our direction haha.

The first year I participated in this tradition I had the HARDEST time throwing my perfectly good eggs down the hill...  It must be the Greenwood blood in me that has a hard time wasting food.  Plus I had just spent all that time making the eggs cute just to throw them down a hill?  So this year I was a little smarter and simply colored the eggs so I wouldn't become attached to them :)  (haha if Ki were to read this post, he would roll his eyes and laugh that only I could get attached to Easter eggs)  It is true though... I get easily attached to objects that don't have feelings.  It is just who I am ;)

This year Ki tried to teach Parker to roll the eggs down the hill, but Parker wasn't a huge fan.  He had his favorite Easter egg that was blue with a smiley face drawn on it that he refused to let go of :)  He held it for like an hour, it was so cute.  I guess maybe he has a little bit of me in him after all.

Anyhow... here are the pictures from Easter :)

Getting spoiled and eating a sugar cookie with Aunt Jorie
Ever since Parker was a baby he has loved Uncle Austin. 
Getting ready to throw eggs down the hill with dad
Holding his beloved egg
Laughing at everyone else throwing their eggs
Hanging out with Dad... and of course his egg haha
Kisses from Grandpa Marty.  His goatee tickles Parker and makes him giggle

1 comment:

Kennedy Klan said...

Ah, I love this post!! So glad you are a part of our family, I know we are a bit crazy but we love you lots and lots. And Parker is the cutest little boy!!