Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Bonfire


Two weeks after our first date, I was already feeling very close to Ashley.  We had already barely went a day without seeing each other, and I had learned enough about her to truly admire her.  I was beginning to spend my mornings anticipating seeing her in the evening.  She made me happy.  One night my roomates and I decided we should take dates up Provo Canyon and have a bonfire.  My roomates each had girlfriends whom they were taking and I had every intention of bringing Ashley.  The only problem was that she had been, and still was, at her best friend's wedding reception.  One roomate suggested bringing someone else, but I knew if I didn't take Ashley I would end up spending the rest of the night thinking of her anyway.  I convinced the group to wait over an hour just so that I could bring Ashley, but it was worth it.  We had a lot of fun.  So much fun, actually, that a couple of cops found us that night and brought a drug dog to search our campsite.  After they determined that we were clean, we convinced one of the officers to take a picture to mark the occasion. 

No comments: