Monday, February 20, 2012

Valentines Day 2012

I know this post is like... way late but better late than never right?  We had a simple day yet to me it was still a meaningful celebration of our love!  I wish we had taken a picture together... but we didn't.  Dang.  Here is a synopsis of our day.

I tried to start the day off right by making Ki Valentines Day french toast with buttermilk syrup and fresh strawberries!  Only.. Ki is allergic to fruits so the strawberries were included for my enjoyment only :)  Then Ki had to go to work, but I had hid a few Valentine treats and surprises for him to find throughout the day.  Then I spent the rest of the day finishing his "gift from the heart"  a little book called the ABC's of what I love about you" - I didn't buy him anything besides a few treats because we had decided to go cheap this V-day seeing as we have upcoming baby expenses and house expenses.  Then Ki got home from work early and surprised me with a BIG present!  He got me a little video camera to use when our cute baby boy is born to document fun milestones.  I was BLOWN away... and felt really spoiled... and sad that I hadn't gotten him anything, but he said that he just had to get me something because I always win in the department of gifts from the heart :)  But what I loved even more then the camera was his cheesy card about how much he loved me.  It made me cry, I loved it, every single word :)  The best gifts can't be bought folks! 

After eating Honey Lime Enchiladas, Ki's favorite, for dinner we headed out to see The Vow.  Only apparently it wasn't meant to be because we drove to three theaters and it was sold out in all three!  Major bummer.  We were even there an hour and a half early...  but I guess we should have expected that on Valentines Day :)  So instead we went to the movie Chronicle.  I HATED it.  It was much to depressing/melancholy for my liking.  Ki thought it was pretty good though.  Luckily when you have a Valentine as great as mine its ok if you go see the most un-romantic movie ever because it doesn't make him any less fantastic ;)

I am grateful for the day of love so we have an excuse to go overboard on showing our loved ones how much we care :)  But I am even more grateful to have such an amazing husband to love every single day of the year, who loves me back.  Being in love is the greatest.  Thanks friends and family I love you all!  I am one lucky, spoiled, blessed girl.  Knowing all of you makes my life so full of love and happiness!  Thanks for being a part of that :)  

No comments: