Friday, September 9, 2011

From Care-Free Kid to Adult?

I know I promised (mostly to myself) that I would start blogging about our adventures in Europe before I forget everything... but that will have to be postponed for yet another time.  Ki has all the pictures on his computer, so that leaves me with nothing to blog about except for the small epiphany I had at Lake Powell over this Labor Day.

I don't know when  it happened, or how long ago the transformation occured, but at some point I went from feeling like this...   (The following pictures are of my little brother, little sister, and a family friend.)

Blissful and giddy 

totally exhilerated
& completely carefree

to the following... (The next sequence of pictures are of me with my best friend and her little sister)


Unable to breath 
doubtful about whether my body will survive
& of course just plain ol' scared for my life!

 I swore to myself when I was growing up that I would never become one of those boring adults who said that tubing wasn't fun.  I am also pretty sure that at some point my sister Kristin and I even promised each other we would tube together when we were "grown up".  But now I am forseeing the end of my tubing days approaching as tubing becomes more uncomfortable and a little less fun each year that I get older.  I am sad to admit that at some point in the last couple years I started the cross-over into being a "boring adult" like my parents.  How weird.  Only it doesn't seem as boring as I thought being an adult would feel, it is just fun in all different ways.
Now just so you all remember that I am capable of smiling, I will include one last picture in this post of me and Ki at glowstick swim night at Powell.  I would hate for any of you to walk away from this post thinking that I permanently look like I am about to poop my pants like in the tubing pictures above :)

p.s.  for the full enjoyment of this post it is recommended that you click on the tubing pictures and get the full blown version of mine and Tiff's faces while tubing!  haha... so so funny :)

No comments: