Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Thanksgiving break was seriously awesome.  It was so great to have a break from school, work, and get the opportunity to see family that we haven't seen in a long time!  The food was fantastic as expected, and even though I have eaten thanksgiving dinner like 6 times since Thanksgiving I still just love it.  We got to see the Lundgreen side and the Jensen side of Ki's family and it was fun to see familiar faces, and even meet some family members that I have never met before.  Grandma & Grandpa Jensen were good enough to let us stay with them for a few nights in Circleville, and Grandpa even gave me the history tour of Circleville.  I feel like an official member of the Jensen family now :) 

It is going to be hard to get back into the last couple weeks of school with all the final projects, papers, tests etc after the break.  Luckily it helps that I know I only have 3 weeks of school left ever!  That is a pretty nice light at the end of the tunnel if you ask me :)  I am glad that I chose to stick with school and that I will have a degree even though school has never been my favorite thing, and that getting good grades hasn't really come easily to me.  I don't think I will ever have a major career, but I feel like I have learned a lot, learned how to do things that I hate that are hard, and it also just feels nice to have accomplished my goal of graduating from college. 

In honor of this Thanksgiving season, here is a list of a few of the MANY things I am very thankful for this year :)
  1. My very cute, supportive, understanding, and ever patient husband.  I am imperfect in so many ways, but he loves me regardless.  I honestly don't know what I would do without him.  I get sad when he has to work late because I get SO excited to see him by the end of the day, but I am grateful for how hard he works and that he has a good job.
  2. Amazing family.  We are blessed to have supportive loving family on both sides, but this year I am feeling especially grateful for my parents.  We are currently living in their basement and they have been so good to put up with us.  It has been a huge blessing this semester to have my mom around all the time and I don't know if I would make it through the week without everything she and my dad do for me.  I also have been feeling grateful lately as I have reflected back on my schooling that they have paid for my education, and been supportive even if I am not the "brightest bulb in the bunch" :)
  3. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I am so far from perfect.  There are still so many things I continually fall short on, but I am grateful that I know I can continue to repent and keep trying to be the best me I can be.  I am grateful that I know my purpose in life, that families can be together forever, and for the hope that the gospel gives me in everything I do.
  4. Health and Strength.  I feel blessed for the health I have had this semester.  It has been a busy one since I am trying to finish up all my internship hours and class requirements, so I am very grateful that I haven't been sick!
  5. Friends.  I have some really supportive amazing friends.  This list of course includes my awesome family, but my other friends who also have a huge impact on my life you know who you are!  Thank you, a million times over, for everything you do and of course for making life that much more interesting.
These are just a few of the bigger things I am thankful for since to list every small thing would take much to long.  I mean the list would start saying things like:  dishwasher, washer/dryer, that chocolate was invented, back massages, food, microwave, my car, car heaters so I don't freeze on the way to work at 5am, my phone, pink fuzzy socks that always keep my feet warm, my pink key chain that  helps me not lose my keys, etc.  You catch my drift that this list would soon get tedious to write don't you? 

Well I hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving Breaks as well.  Good luck with work, school, Christmas shopping, or whatever is that is on your to-do list for this week!

No comments: