Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas!!

Christmas Break was so awesome.  So much time spent with both of our families, and with each other!  It was hard to let Ki go back to work after we've been able to spend every second together the last couple weeks, but like every adult does - I am adjusting haha.   Here are some of the many things we kept busy doing over the break. 

December 18th - The day after finals ended. woot woot!  Also, the day we were able to join in the celebrations at the Jensen family Christmas party in Circleville.  We had so much fun, but I of course didn't remember to take pictures the whole weekend.  My favorite memory from the weekend is probably the drive from the Church in Circleville back to Grandma and Grandpa Jensen's house with brady clinging to the front hood of the car and Jorie turning on the windshield wipers, and his brand new shirt getting soaked in windshield wiper fluid.  haha.  Other highlights include playing games with the whole fam later that night, and last but not least feeding some of Ki's uncles' horses before we left town the next day.  I had SO much fun. I can't wait until this summer when they said that I can go riding with them!

first time feeding the horse, you can see the fear in my eyes haha
petting the horse
I seriously had a blast.  I have secretly always wished I was friends with a horse.
Feeding the horse Wesley broke.  Wesley is the cutest little cowboy.
December 20th - I went to Temple Square with my family while Ki had to work late.  It was FREEZING but worth it to see the lights, and get into the Christmas spirit.  Later that night when Ki got home from work, and we got back from temple square we made gingerbread houses.

The family at Temple Square minus dad the photographer :)
Ki and I hard at work on our gingerbread house
The gingerbread house builders!  Mine and Ki's is probably the least inventive haha. 




Christmas Eve - We went to the new Sherlock Holmes movie with the fam (which I loved by the way), and then had Christmas Eve dinner, the story of Christ's birth, and the traditional unwrapping of Christmas Eve pajamas.  It was so much fun to spend the night with my family.  

Tristan, Kristin, and Kacee.
Ki and I
The kids in front of the tree with our "mystery" gifts haha
my cute love with his annual Christmas beard
my parents opening their Christmas jammies :)

Christmas Day - Went to church with the fam, saw old friends from the ward I grew up in, and was glad Christmas fell on sunday when we got to listen to Christmas Songs all throughout the meeting and feel the spirit of Christ's birth!  Then after church we opened what Santa brought, and then took it easy while we waited for the Greenwood Christmas party later that night :)

In our cute Christmas church clothes :)
My dad has photography skills.
Typical stair picture before opening our presents from santa!
Christmas cuddling!  I love my bear.
Kacee LOVED her new present and was in doggie heaven.
Opening presents in our
a BOSCH!  Santa must love me ALOT ;)
Kacee and cute brother Nate. 

The day after Christmas - We headed down to Henderson to visit Ki's mom, Jaxon, and Brady for a couple days.  On our way we stopped in Cedar City and saw his sisters Kenzie and Jorie who had work.  We had a blast playing games, and talking with his fam.  Even if we stayed up way too late!  Ki's mom did my hair, we went to Red Robin, watched planet of the apes (it made me feel sad), and Ki got new birthday shoes from the mall with his madre.  It was so fun to spend time with them.  I really wish we hadn't forgotten our camera.  bah humbug.

December 31st - Went to the party Tiff and Jake had at their apartment to celebrate the new year!  We had meat and cheese fondue, baked potatoes, and an awesome cheesecake that Ash made.  It was so fun to spend time talking, eating, and playing games with good friends.

January 2nd - My babe's 25th birthday!  He took an extra day off, we slept in, went to lunch with a gift card I had at Magelby's, he spent the afternoon playing Halo with my brothers while I made his favorite cupcakes, and then we went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse with my family.  I got him tickets to Brian Regan for his birthday and he is way excited, so yay!  I am improving in the birthday department.  I think I am finally getting used to his birthday being so close to Christmas.  In past years by the time Christmas was done with, I couldn't think of anything to give him for his birthday.  Go progression. 






Happy New Year everyone!  Here is to 2012, I think its going to be a great year!

No comments: