Monday, January 16, 2012

So... I've been putting this off but...

In case you haven't already heard through FB or otherwise... I'M PREGNANT!!!  I have been putting this blog post off for a while now mostly because I really wanted to make it all cute and creative, but obviously that didn't happen.  Kristin (my cute sis) showed me all these cute ideas that she found on Pinterest for breaking the baby news but I must be lazy or something because I never made time to do any of them.  Maybe next time?

We are expecting a baby BOY, due June 6th!  We couldn't be more excited!  Throw in a few butterflies of nervousness on my part, impatience for June to arrive on Ki's part, and you have an accurate description of our current emotions.

So far it has been a really fun journey and I feel blessed to have had what I would consider a really easy pregnancy after hearing about some of my other friends pregnancies.  I really never got morning sick at all.  If anything maybe a little night sick when I was really tired and hungry after a long day at school/work, but other then that I have been fine!  No mad dashes to the toilet to empty the contents of my stomach, none.  Symptoms that I am experiencing however are fatigue (especially during the first trimester), heart burn (never knew what it felt like until now), and I hate to even say it but... gas.  Don't even get Ki started on the gas stories...  I know it is disgusting, but I have taken to farting more then a High School football team as of late.  It is most unfortunate and SO embarrassing!  I can't help it people!  I just can't.  :)  Why am I including this information on my blog... simply because I don't want to forget it.  Although I hate everything about having gas, some of the stories are priceless and those are what I want to remember haha.  The night at Grandma and Grandpa Jensen's especially.  Don't forget it Ash, don't forget it.

We found out I was pregnant at 5:14 am on General Conference Sunday.  Why 5:14 a.m. you ask, well the box said to take the pregnancy test in the morning when your pee was the most concentrated, I woke up at 5:14 and HAD to go.  You know the feeling right?  So I dragged my protesting husband out of bed to come with me to take the test :)  (He was protesting because I had taken a pregnancy test 2 days previously with a negative result)  But I just had this feeling that I was pregnant ya know?  And I really wanted him to come with me to do the test because I was nervous and excited and just needed him.  After I did the test we put the cap on and then went back to our room where Ki immediately climbed back into bed, because he really thought it would still be negative.  A couple minutes go by and I finally get up the courage to look at the little stick and... THERE ARE TWO PINK LINES!!!  I immediately started squealing (quietly though because Kristin, Tristan, Nathan, and Kacee were all still asleep outside our door).  After I squealed, Ki jumped out of bed to come see for himself and then we commenced to have a party in our bedroom.  We were so excited we couldn't fall back asleep for like two hours and then because we were so tired fell asleep during the afternoon session of conference...oops. 

Anyways here are a few pictures from the pregnancy so far :)  Nothing as spectacular as the cute pictures you will find on Pinterest but they do the trick for documenting the pregnancy.

So excited! 
He was even more excited! 

Just a little blob at our 9 week ultrasound.  11/1/2011
14 weeks.  12/7/2011
16 weeks.  12/21/2011
It's a boy!!  18 wk ultrasound 1/4/2012
19 weeks 5 days.  1/16/2012

3 comments:

Kristi and Jeff said...

Oh man I LOVE this!!! You guys are so stinkin cute!! I can just picture both of you freaking out. haha Seriously though that is so exciting and I am so happy for you two! Keep posting pictures since I never see you two anymore!!

Laura George said...

Congrats! BTW I am Jeff's older sister Laura. But I am very happy for you two! Baby boys are so fun!

Holly said...

Yay! Keep the pictures coming! We're excited to hang out with you guys soon hopefully!