Monday, January 23, 2012

Future Jensen Home Update


So this will mostly just be a picture update because there isn't much to say other than they are finally making progress on the house!  It won't be finished on time but should be done by mid to end February :) 

We are getting anxious the closer it gets!  I just want to get in there and start making the house a home and start accumulating the necessary baby items.  Not to mention Ki's little sister Kenzie is coming to live with us while she is attending UVU so she is anxious too!  Currently she is sleeping on her kind cousins' couch and while I am sure it has been nothing but one fun party, I am sure she will be glad to get her bed back, and that Meg & Marci will be glad to get there couch back.  

So you see we are all counting down the days!  I am sure even my mom and dad are about ready to reclaim their basement, although it has been fun to see and spend a lot of time with the family.  Not to mention that having my mom's help with the cooking and such was a huge blessing during my first trimester when I was still sort of feeling lousy and busy with school and my internship.  Thanks mom!  You are seriously the best :) 

Ki observing our new and improved cement hole :)



Made good progress on the framing

Framing and roof almost complete.

Framing of the front room and kitchen area

I think I am standing in our future bedroom... but I could be mistaken :)
The builders would only wire 2 rooms with TV for free so a guy at Ki's work, Tony, offered to help Ki wire the house.  They ran the whole house with RG-6 and ethernet so that one day we can implement my dad's whole home automation system and/or our own security system without having to pay a separate company if we want to.  They also set up our living room with surround sound which Ki is VERY excited about.  I doubt I would have noticed the difference if they hadn't put in all their hard work, but I am glad Ki can have his dream techie home lol.

Ki at work.

Ki and Tony - The Boss :)

So I made them smile for this picture, they were good sports.

Windows in, doors in, shingles on the roof.
Next up for this coming week is the stucco, the rock exterior, and the sheet rock I do believe :)  Maybe even the garage door?  Hooray can't wait!

1 comment:

The Oliver Family said...

I am all smiles for you and Ki! Congrats on everything!