Saturday, May 12, 2012

House & Pregnancy Update :)


Have you noticed I am playing blog catch up?  I don't think I will ever be caught up with everything I wanted to write about (Remember how I never finished blogging about our trip to Europe last Fall?)

Oh well worse things have happened :)

I am now 36.5 weeks pregnant.  I simply can't believe it.  The time has gone so fast!  Every morning when I wake up and there isn't anything pressing going on I just lay there in bed enjoying every last sleeping in moment I have before baby boy gets here.  I really love to sleep in occasionally so I have to soak up every last second of it that I have!

Speaking of baby boy, we have decided on his name!  We have decided his name will be Parker Ki Jensen :)  Parker was my favorite from the beginning so when Ki decided it was his favorite too I was glad.  His middle name will be Ki after his dad because that is kind of the tradition on Ki's side of the family for the first born son to have the same middle name after their father.

Ki is getting more and more excited for Parker to come, I am getting more excited, but still feel anxious about not being able to feel totally prepared.  Everyone keeps telling me you can never be 100% prepared to become a mom but I just wish you could lol.  Being an amazing mom like my mom, is all I have ever wanted to do.  I never wanted to have a career or an important job, all I ever wanted was to be a mom.  Now that it is happening I can't help but feel overwhelmed sometimes and I just pray that I am ready!  I already love little Parker so much and just hope I can be the mom he needs me to be :)

Anyways enough of my hormonal pregnant ramblings :) here are a couple pictures of my belly from the last few weeks.
31 weeks
33 weeks
34 weeks
 These next few photos are my "pregnant photo shoot"  Haha.  Tristan my super awesome brother in law has a pretty artistic eye so I had him take a few pictures before he, my sister Kristin, and brother Nate moved to Wisconsin.  I am pretty devastated that they won't get to be here when Parker is born, but I will spare you from having to hear all about just how devastated I am lol.  These pictures were taken at 35 weeks in my parents backyard :)  Thanks Tristan!






Now on to the house update :)  As of this week we have... a water softener, a front yard, and Parker's room is complete!  As for the decorating in the other parts of the house... we still only have one clock hanging on the wall... :)  Maybe someday I will get to ordering and hanging pictures loll

Here are a few pictures of our new front yard and Parker's room.  I never thought I would be so excited about a couple trees and bushes, but they make it feel even more homey!  Now I just need to figure out the basics like... when to water your lawn, and how often haha.  
We have grass, 2 trees, and 4 bushes now :)  Can't wait until the back and sides are done too.
Parker's cute crib, dresser, and painted block letters.  The dresser is the same one my parents had in mine and my siblings baby rooms.  Ki and I repainted it and added knobs to match the crib.  I love how it turned out!
The window wall with the cute aviator bear stickers that look cuter in person :)
My rocker/recliner chair and the cute airplane wall hooks.
Parker's room turned out so cute!  I love it.  Ki and I go in there almost every night just to visit :)  It is like our happy place or something haha.  When nobody else is home I like to go in and just sit in my chair and read or think about what it will be like when Parker is born and with me in my arms.  Thinking about it gives me little butterflies of nervousness, but also makes me get little chills of excitement.  I am so grateful for the opportunity that Ki and I have been given to be parents to little Parker.  I already love him so so much!  I also can't wait to see what an amazing father Ki will be.  Sometimes when we go in Parker's room at night Ki will get out one of his little newborn onesies and lay it in the crib and get all giddy and say "can you believe there is going to be a little guy in there soon!"  It just makes my heart melt to see how excited he is for Parker to be born.  I am so glad I get to share this new adventure with Ki :)

I seriously just feel so blessed, and can't wait to meet our little guy!!  

3 comments:

Kennedy Klan said...

CUTE post! I too am so excited for this new little spirit to get here and bless us all with his little light :) Little Parker's room looks great! And I can't wait to come see him and your new house ! Love you all, Ann

Bethany Hoyt said...

You are so darling! Can't wait for little Parker to join your family, you will be the best mommy ever! Love you!

kurt and angel blain :) said...

you are the cutest ever!!! i love your new home and parkers room is adorable!! and i absolutely LOVE the name you picked for him!! hope you are doing well and adjusting to being a mom!! it reaLLY IS THE BEST job ever!! take lots of pics and videos to!! always fun to watch videos of when they were newborns and stuff!! love you ash!!