Saturday, May 12, 2012

Once upon a time I graduated!


I remember graduating from High School thinking that I had SO much school left and that it would take me forever to graduate from BYU.  Now I can't hardly believe how fast time has gone since then.. It is true people.  I did it!  I really graduated with a 4 year degree.  There was a brief time in my life I contemplated dropping out of College..  you see those first couple years of generals were not very fun and I wasn't particularly fond of going to school.  But I stuck with it and once I got into the classes for my major (Exercise & Wellness) this weird phenomenon occurred and I began to like going to class and learning!  I am so grateful for everything I learned at school and that I stuck with it!

Even though I don't know what I would do with my degree if I had to make a career out of it, it is nice to have.  I feel like I finished and accomplished something that wasn't always easy.  I am SUPER grateful to my parents for supporting me through school, not only financially but by letting me choose for myself to go.  I always knew they probably wanted me to finish College, but I never had any doubt that if I didn't they would still love me.  I think the fact that I didn't feel pressured into anything made it easier for me to see that I really did want to graduate and to keep going :)  I am also grateful for my supportive husband Ki!  He is just the best :)  He would exaggerate the truth and flatter me by telling me how smart I was and that I could do hard things lol.   But seriously.  I am grateful for the support from those that I love and look up to the most!

Anyways enough of that babble... Here are some photos from the momentous occasion.  Please excuse the big blue whale that is in the majority of the pictures :)  It turns out being 8 months pregnant in a graduation gown isn't very flattering.


According to my dad this is what Nate, Andrew, Tristan, Shay, Kristin, and Ki all looked like through the majority of the ceremony lol.  Who can blame them?  The college of life sciences is HUGE.
Walking to get my name read.  I shouldn't be too hard to pick out (again I am the big blue whale)  But just in case any of you are particularly blind I am the 3rd from the left.
Me, the graduate! 
With the cutest husband in the world :)
Me and Grandma Z
Me with Grandma & Grandpa Greenwood
the whale who needs no introduction with the amazing parentals!
The whole family! 
Me and Kenz :)
We didn't want to wait in line to stand in front of the sign so we sneakily sat down and snapped a quick photo :)
"hurry and smile, there is nobody in the background!" -mom
Eating at Texas Roadhouse with the family afterward to celebrate!
Happy Graduation Day!  It felt weird and fabulous all at the same time.  I can't believe I really did it :)

No comments: