Sunday, October 16, 2011

Buy someone a "coke" weekend.

For my MCOM 320 class this week we were assigned to buy a stranger a "coke" or anything we wanted and then write about it.  I unfortunately forgot this assignment existed until today.  Today is Sunday, and I am pretty sure that I heard somewhere that I am not supposed to spend money on Sunday...  I think it was at church or something like that.  So this is my plan.  This week when I go grocery shopping buy the person at the cash register a candy bar and make their day :)  I think I should make it a habit to always buy the person at the cash register a treat at Wal-Mart. It is decided.  This will be my new goal.  To spread joy in the Wal-Mart checkers through the marvelous gift of chocolate!

This week was a good one.  I feel richly blessed, I really do.  Ki and I are lucky to have such amazing friends and family.  

I am also blessed to have such an amazing husband.  (disclaimer: ooey gooey love writing up ahead)  We celebrated our two year wedding anniversary last sunday and reflecting over the past two years I am in awe of how full of love, adventure, and fun they have been.  We have lived in Iowa, Oklahoma, & Washington, as well as Utah.  We have faced challenges along the way, we aren't perfect people, but I feel we have been very blessed to have been able to experience the things we have the past couple years.  Ki is the most thoughtful, sweet husband I ever could've wished for.  He is my very best friend.  I am glad I get to spend forever with him :)  I also can't wait to see what our third year of marriage has in store!  I have a feeling it has some very exciting new challenges & adventures in store for us that I can't wait to experience with my sweet husband. Thanks for being the best hun!
Ki and me before our anniversary date out to PF Changs and to see "Real Steel"
just goofing off with the camera.  Haha
This week I also got to go hike up to Stuart Falls with Kristin & Tristan, Andrew, Shay, & Kacee.  It was so fun, but I am so mad that my camera died so I wasn't able to document it!  We managed to get one picture before the batteries died but it is kind of blurry, sorry.  My dear sister posted some pics on her blog so if you are devastated you can hop on over to her blog and check it out.  The leaves were beautiful and it was fun to take some time out and enjoy the great outdoors!  There is something so refreshing about being up in the mountains and breathing in all that cool clear, air.  It did my soul good.  

Sisters up at Stuart Falls with Kacee (Kristin's dog)
This weekend was also a fun break from school spent with good friends & family.  Friday, one of my oldest friends in the world, Tiff didn't have work so we got to see her & Jake for the first time in awhile which is always good times!  Then Saturday we had family pictures with my family up by Alta, followed by dinner and pumpkin carving with Russ, Ashley, & Alyssa.  It was so fun!  I carved a witch, and Ki carved a ... well... lets just say his pumpkin has an identity crisis.  Nobody knows what his pumpkin is supposed to be, but he had fun regardless.  Sunday, it was dinner and games at Grandma Z's with the whole family.  Yum Yum.  Going to Grandma Z's has always been a treat my whole family loves.   Thanks friends & family for the fun memories and the much needed release after a stressful, tiring week :) 

Well thats all folks.  I still have other homework that needs to be completed.  Have I mentioned I am so jealous Ki never has homework anymore?  It makes it so much harder to get mine done!  All I want to do right now is cuddle up and watch some Big Bang Theory with him.  But no.   I have to write a "bad news letter" instead.  Blah.  I hate writing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on 2 years Ash!! Love all the updating your doing! Such a cute blog. Miss you girly!!