Saturday, November 20, 2010

Hi, its me again :)

Just a couple of things to say.

1) The cruise was the most amazing get-away!  Seriously it was so relaxing, and theraputic, and it was great to forget all responsibilities for a couple days!




2)  I have the best husband ever.  Like really.  We have been so busy the past month, and last night we were so excited to stay up late spending time together and then to sleep in today, and then at 1 am or so Ki remembered he had to work early this morning... he was so sad.  But this morning he got up for work without complaining, and when I was about to get up to try and hurry and make him breakfast before he had to leave he just kissed me and said, go back to sleep for a couple hours babe.  I love you.  Honestly... BEST husband ever. 

3)  I have to speak in church tomorrow... for the first time since I was a Laurel in 2006... I pretty much hate public speaking.  It is the worst, and I am NOT excited to feel humiliated (which inevitably will happen... something about giving a "church" talk, being an emotional person, and nerves don't go together very well for me)  I pretty much plan on getting up then: introducing Ki and I, speed speaking through my talk (can't be helped when I'm nervous), cry talking when I get to the parts of the talk that make me emotional, then being so embarrased I speed speak even faster until I finally get to the end and sit down.  Good thing Ki is a good speaker :)  hopefully he can redeem us, and make up for the time I was supposed to speak but didn't.  I swear it feels like I stand up there 15 minutes, but then everyone tells me I was talking so fast it was really only 5.  Yes, I need help.  And yes, I already took public speaking.  But instead of turning me into a profesh public speaker, it just made me all the more aware of my failings at the pulpit :)  oh well, we all have different talents I suppose!

4)  I swear that eyebrow hairs grow faster in winter!  Does anyone feel the same way?  I think I might just be going crazy, but I literally have to pluck my eyebrows twice as much in the winter time... maybe it just has something to do with my pasty white skin, not hiding the regrowth as well as tan skin?

random post I know, but I finished all my homework and now I have to start my talk... you can see why I am procrastinating :) 

p.s.  I would love if people would comment just so I know people actually read this blog.  I am starting to feel like I am writing to nobody.  So if you are reading this, whoever you are, even if you are a blog stalker leave a comment just saying hello or anything really :)  It would be nice to know their are a few readers out there!

6 comments:

Casey said...

i'm reading...i've got you in my google reader. you can hook up google analytics with your blog and see how many visitors you get. and, yes, i think eyebrows grow faster in the winter.

Lyss said...

i read your blog. i feel the same way about mine because nobody hardly comments on anything anymore. but keep writing! i always read what you post!

Sarah said...

Haha Ash- I am reading your blog! I love you!!

Elder Josh Oliver said...

I love you Ashley!! You and Ki are too cute for words! Miss you!

Jody Lynn said...

If I know someone and they have a blog I will read it. You guys are so cute! I hope your talk went well. I don't like public speaking either and I was just called to be a relief society teacher. :S We'll see how it goes.

Bethany Hoyt said...

Ashley Love I miss you! I feel the same way about giving talks-I have to give one this week...:( blah. But I am so glad you had fun on your cruise!!!!I love your guts!!! seriously. i do.