Thursday, November 4, 2010

The rekindling...

I came to the realization today that I want to re-commit to blogging. Now is where you are bound to be thinking "yeah right like that is going to happen" (given that I've made past claims of a similar nature to no avail) or, "WHY? It is just another thing that wastes time on the computer right?" Well... maybe, but I realized today that it might be a worthwhile waste. You see, I am a terrible journal writer. I probably haven't written in my actual paperback journal for... 5 years or so, and before then it was VERY sporadic. In fact, not only am I terrible at documenting my life, I absolutely HATE writing. I have always procrastinated my papers for school until I simply can't any longer, and I purposely avoided any majors that would require significant amounts of writing (pathetic perhaps). I guess I just have always felt embarassed/fearful of what others might think of my writing. Growing up, and to this day, I have never let anyone read the papers that I have written (unless forced by teacher peer-review policies). Not my parents, or my husband, or anyone else who has ever been close to me. I remember on one occasion a boyfriend snatching a paper out of the printer that I had just written and starting to read it. I went beserk, as I am known to do when I experience feelings of pure embarrasment. (but THOSE stories are definitely for another time)


So because of my deep hate for writing, you can imagine my surprise when as I was browsing through various friends blogs today this feeling of regret suddenly hit me. I realized in that moment, that this past year has been the most amazing year of my life and I haven't even documented it! Then as I was thinking back I realized that I have already forgotten many of the simple, joyous, day-to-day memories/feelings that I have experienced in my first year of marriage! Hence, I am now recommited. I can't catch up on all the memories Ki and I have shared in the past year, but I can start now. Better late then never, right?


So, whoever you may be, wherever you may be reading this humble blog from, I now expect you to do the following..

1. raise your right arm to the square
2. repeat the following after me... "I (insert name here) solemnly swear to never judge the terrible grammar of Ashley's posts, nor mock her terrible writing skills"
3. if you have repeated the following, you are now a welcome reader of this blog. If not well... you aren't welcome...? I guess I don't really have any good threats so I am just going to have to trust that you won't mock :)

Sincerely, Ash

No comments: